What is Weebly?Weebly is a free web building and hosting site. What that means is- if you would like to make your very own website for free with no experience or expertise then you can- on Weebly.
There are a few of these websites around and I'm sure others are just as good but I have always used Weebly and I really like it.
If you would like to see what a Free Weebly website looks like you can view mine here.
Why I Like Weebly
- It's easy to use- even for someone who has no idea what they are doing. You simply drag and drop different features into your website and if you change your mind you delete them
- The finished products looks really good
- You can add your own domain name
- You can easily customize your site and make it your own- I have my own header image, favicon and so on
- You can view your site statistics and link it up with Google analytics
- You can add Google Adsense adverts for free
- You can Create a blog to add to your website for the best of both worlds
- You can add slides shows, galleries, contact forms, custom html, embed videos, documents etc all for free
How Can I Make Money with My Website?
You can easily monetize your Weebly website by adding Google Adsense adverts. These will appear on your website when you publish it- if not straight away then within a few weeks. You will be paid any earnings via Adsense- not Weebly.
However, having your own website tends to be more of a long-term slow burner way of earning money when compared with revenue sharing websites. You will not have any thing like the readership of sites like Hubpages or Bubblews so don't expect to start making money straight away. It will take time and hard work. So why bother you might think? There are a few reasons:
- Whatever you earn is yours- all yours- no sharing- that doesn't apply to Adsense though that is still split 50/50!
- You can link back to your online writing elsewhere to drive more traffic and create an online presence. If you write for Hubpages you can get a widget to add to your websites that will send people to your Hubs.- See mine on the right hand column.
- Once you get a good following and readership you will be able to sell advertising space on your website
- You can join affiliate programmes to advertise products that are similar to your content. I.e. If you write about Novels you could join an affiliate programme with Waterstones for instance. This means you advertise their products and earn commission.
- You can set up e-commerce on your site and use it to sell your own products.
- If you have an e-books you can use your website to advertise that
- You can add amazon widgets for free if you have an Amazon associates website and earn commission on Amazon sales